UPDATES FROM YOUR CLASSROOM
PTS Preschool has teamed up with Shutterfly to create mini sites for teachers to share weekly updates and photos from the classroom. Each parent will get a personal email invitation to join the site. Once you update your profile, you will have access to the classroom roster and other parents contact information. You can also update your profile and subscription preferences. You can log on to the shared site via the web, or download the iphone or android apps, and customize your experience.
*Note: You must receive a personal invitation and set up your personal preferences to get any email updates. If you don't get an email from your teacher during the first week of school, please let us know so we can confirm that we have the correct email address on file.
SHARED SITES TIPS FOR PARENTS:
NAVIGATING THE TOP NAVIGATION:
- HOME: The home page of your shared site. will include the first few lines of each weekly update from your teacher. Be sure to click the "more" link to read the entire update! There might be some important information about the upcoming week!
- PICTURES & VIDEOS: visual updates from the classroom. If you visited the classroom and have pictures to share with fellow parents, please add them as well!
- CALENDAR: Though we do have a school-wide calendar, the classroom might have additional events and special dates they might want to highlight. Some classrooms might opt include all kids birthdays to help with party planning.
- VOLUNTEER: Your room parents have the option to use this section OR to use regular email for communicate volunteer opportunities. They will let you know.
- CLASS LIST & CONTACTS: This is your classroom roster. To make it easier on fellow families, please upload your child's picture, include your phone number (only visible to fellow parents on your site, ideal for setting up playdates) and add a note if there is an allergy or any additional information you'd like fellow parents to be aware of.
- MESSAGE BOARD: These are updates added to the shared site by either the teacher or fellow parents.
PLEASE NOTE: you will only receive these messages via email if you check the box AND set your EMAIL FROM SITE preference under your settings (see above).